Construction & Built Environment (Civil Engineering) BTEC HNDFree
About this course
The purpose of BTEC Higher National Diploma in Construction & Built Environment (Civil Engineering) is to develop you as professional, self-reflecting individual able to meet the demands of employers in the civil engineering and construction sector and adapt to a constantly changing world.
The objectives of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Construction & Built Environment (Civil Engineering) are as follows:
- To equip you with construction and the built environment skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global construction and the built environment sector.
- To provide you with education and training for a range of careers in construction and the built environment, including civil engineering, building services engineering, quantity surveying, construction management, and architectural technology.
- To provide you with an understanding of the way technologies are transforming the industries of construction and the built environment and prepare them to work with these technologies.
- To support you to understand the local, regional and global context of construction and the built environment.
- To provide you with opportunities to address contemporary issues facing the industry, and society at large; with emphasis on sustainability and the environment, recognising the role that construction and the built environment plays in addressing these issues.
- To provide you with the context in which to consider professional ethics and their relation to personal, professional and statutory responsibilities within the industry.
The following is an indication of relevant professional bodies that recognise BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) and their recommended unit structure, as qualifications that contribute towards their requirements:
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers
- Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating and Engineers
With their agreement we have secured exemptions from certain memberships for students achieving BTEC Higher National qualifications in Construction and The Built Environment (Civil Engineering). This adds value to the qualification by offering students access to Continuing Professional Development.